Role Purpose;To oversee, provide ownership and security assurance for M-Pesa systems and Infrastructure, This includes identification of security needs for M-Pesa using Cyber Security Baseline (CSB) Requirements, Capacity growth and trends, coordinating delivery of the needs, and ensuring security operations are running as designed.
Key Accountabilities And Decision Ownership
- Own demand planning and forecasting Cyber security, for all current and emerging Mobile Money technologies as well as Future business needs.
- Plan and Implement M-Pesa security strategy in alignment with Cyber Security and M-Pesa Africa (MPA) Strategies.
- Continuous design and implementation for Cyber security Technologies, while ensuring cost effective adequacy and 100% coverage of cyber tooling across M-Pesa systems and products.
- Set-up of Realtime monitoring, analytics framework and tools for mobile money related malicious activities, Threats and Cyber Security incidents.
- Ensure security compliance for third parties and all M-Pesa APIs and Integrations.
Technical Skilss, Core Competencies, Qualifications, Knowledge, And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, Computer Science, Cyber Security, or relevant domain
- Strong Understanding of key Cyber Security Technologies & Tools and General Information Technologies.
- Knowledge of Cyber and Risk Management Frameworks and International Security standards.
- Knowledge of legal, regulatory and privacy requirements (GDPR, PCI DSS).
- An industry Security certification. CISSP is strongly preferred.
- Strategic Thinking
- Leadership acumen
- Analytical skills
- Fostering Teamwork
- Customer orientation
Not a perfect fit?
Worried that you don’t meet all the desired criteria exactly? At Vodafone we are passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every part of the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help you see how your skills fit in.
Location; Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Telecommunications 5,001-10,000 employees