Logistics Manager;- We work in countries that collectively account for over 90% of world production. From single origin micro-lots to mainstream commercial grades and customized blends, we have what it takes to get the right product to our roaster and retail customers – on time, every time. We are also big on sustainability and traceability: our unique farmer outreach programme, known as The Volcafe Way, works direct with coffee growers to train them in best agronomy practice and sound business management.
About the Role,Taylor Winch Coffee is a member of the Volcafe group and it is one of the leading coffee exporter in Tanzania, buying Arabica and Robusta across the country and exporting to over 30 consuming countries around the world.To ensure we can deliver on our service level to our global network, we are looking for a Logistics Manager.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Taylor Winch Tanzania is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Handling technical details relating to international freight, such as customs regulations and any necessary documentation
- Efficiently evaluating the costs of c&f, within any budget or distribution strategy.
- Effectively troubleshoot any issues that may arise in international freight
- Building effective relationships with Logistics mediators and agents and work closely with third party supplier to ensure the protection of coffee during shipment.
- Designing, documenting and organizing, operating procedures, and any change thereof.
- Planning consignments in line with the operational production plan to ensure all shipments leave origin on time and arrive at destination on time and according to the right specifications. This involves liaising on a daily basis with all internal production teams including quality and exports as well as continuously updating management and clients on progress, escalating any issues on time.
- Prepare on a daily basis the status report with update on shipment schedule and document flow
- Manage day to day work allocations, performance and development of all team members to ensure an effective service delivery by a motivated knowledgeable team.
- You will also carry out other tasks and or jobs not detailed above that may be reasonably requested from you by the General Manager.
Education Other Skills Required
- Graduate degree holder on Engineering, Economics, Logistics or Administration or related field; 7+ years of proven logistics experience and team management.
- Excellent communication skills in English and the ability to handle multiple tasks with attention to fine detail.
- Similar experience from Agribusiness
- Excellent Negotiation skills to ensure adequate management of different basis, routes, and cost monitoring.
- Excellent Microsoft Teams, Word and Excel. Microsoft Lists experience desired
Here at Taylor Winch Tanzania we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship.
Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviors, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviors also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self-Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.