|Recruiter||International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)|
|Position||Geospatial Data Scientist|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced University Degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||6th Oct 2022|
IITA Job Vacancy 2022
- Apply geospatial and analytical skills using relevant data and tools to map the status, trends, and future dynamics of the mixed farming systems (MFS) in the global south.
- Apply spatial analytics on multi-source data (household surveys, GIS, and remote sensing platforms) to generate technology extrapolation domains (TEDs) to guide the scaling of sustainable agricultural intensification technologies in MFS.
- Apply data science and analytics (e.g., machine learning) to identify the impact of environmental and socio-economic changes on productivity and resilience of MFS in the global South.
- Support the Initiative’s team with geospatial data and maps as needed in the relevant reports and studies.
- Contribute to the writing of reports and peer-reviewed publications.
- Contribute to data visualization and summarizing complex datasets to communicate key messages to non-expert audiences.
- Perform any other job-related duties as may be assigned
Position in Organization:
- Geospatial Data Scientist
- Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
- Closing Date: 6th October 2022
- The candidate should have an advanced university degree (Ph.D.) in Geography, Geomatics, Data Science, and Environmental Management with a specialization in Geographic Information Systems or other related fields.
- At least three years of relevant experience in processing and analyzing spatial data.
How to Apply IITA Geospatial Data Scientist Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.iita.org/eRecruit/Home/GetDocument/2864
The Closing Date: 6th Oct 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.