Administrative Assistant At Kigoma Region 2022;- With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Administration – 40%
- Front desk management and exceptional care provision to program visitors.
- Ensure that the program office is kept clean and welcoming.
- Serve as a Centre of information or office information manager by sharing all necessary information with the targeted people(staff) on time.
- Facilitate travel arrangements and accommodations for program staff and visitors.
- Coordinate meetings, events, and training
- Records keeping and filing i.e. Meetings minutes, attendance sheets, office documents etc
- Professional administrative support is provided
Program Store Management – 20%
- Ensure the program store is well managed.
- Receipt of all program items for proper storage in store.
- Dispatch requested store items and resources to departmental heads or staff.
- Collecting/compiling departmental resources requests and thereafter sharing them with PTL for approvals and the GFO for further assistance in the purchase.
- Document and ensure all store books are signed such as Store requisition form books, distribution books etc.
- Non-human resources are well stored and dispatched to program staff.
Human Resources Assistance – 20%
- Support new and separated staff to sign all necessary forms such as policies, clearance forms etc.
- Facilitate new staff’s orientation process.
- Act as a bridge between program staff and the P&C department to ensure their concerns are shared and resolved timely.
- Facilitate and compile final P4Ps status at the program level.
- Staff wellness support and assistance.
- Fairly engage and disengage program Refugees Incentive Workers at refugee camps as per the SOPs.
- Professionally handle the recruitment process of RIWs.
- Support existing staff to sign all necessary forms and documents such as contracts, P4Ps, and contract renewal forms.
- Program staff and Refugees incentive workers are supported
Knowledge/ Qualifications For The Role
Required Professional Experience;
- 2 years in HR/HRIS, preferably in a multi-cultural environment.
- At least 2 years experience in working with International NGOs with a relevant community focus
- Willingness to participate in chapel and group devotions; and Commitment to WV Core Values and Mission Statements
Required Education, Training, License, Registration, And Certification
- University Degree in Human Resources, Public Administration or a related field from a recognized University
Preferred Knowledge And Qualifications
- Have knowledge of payroll soft wares and HRIS systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work without supervision.
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff
- Sound knowledge of human resources principles and practices and the Tanzania Labour Laws.
- Have a high degree of integrity and ethics to ensure employee information is secure and well-protected.
- Excellent communication skills and working well both independently or as a member of a team.
- Have the ability to follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Working knowledge of and experience in utilizing and creating databases and spreadsheets.
- Have the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all employees.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Office-based and field visits (Refugees Camps)
- Should be physically fit
- Fluent in both Swahili and English language
- The role may need the job holder to regularly make decisions by set principles
- Be Safe and Resilient
- Deliver Results
- Build Relationships
- Be Accountable
- Learn and Develop
- Improve and Innovate
- Partner and Collaborate
- Embrace Change
- Engage, Influence, Lead and Grow Others
- Run an Effective and Agile Organisation
- Develop the Organisation for the Future
Applicant Type Accepted
Local Applicants Only
Applicant Types Accepted
Local Applicants Only
company; World Vision
Location; Kigoma Region, Tanzania
10,001+ employees · Non-profit Organizations