New Job Opportunity At TAZARA- Senior Supplies Officer
Position: Senior Supply Officer
The Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority ( TAZARA ) is a statutory institution that is owned by the two governments of the United Republic of Tanzania, and the Republic of Zambia.
It has a 50/50 shareholding structure. The Acts of Parliament of both contracting states have created the Authority. Its Registered Head Office is in Dar es Salaam in Tanzania and two Regional Administrative Centers in Mpika,Zambia, and one in Dar es Salaam in Tanzania.
At Tanzania Cost and Profit Centre, the position of Senior Supplies Officer is now vacant. The following are eligible Tanzanians may apply:
Title: Senior Supplies Officer
Location: Dares Salaam (1 Position)
Reporting To: Regional Manager (RGM).
Job Purpose : To supervise matters relating to procurement logistics and stock control in Tanzania Region.
The main duties of the following coastitutes are:
- Plan procurement activities according to the regulations, rules and instructions. This will help streamline operations to achieve the goals.
- Coordinate and manage procurement, materials receipt, storage, and stock control.
- To coordinate, plan, and control stocks, issue stock, manage stock replenishment, keep proper records, determine re-ordeal levels, and procure programs to avoid stock outs (ensure continuous supply of goods).
- To conduct a supplier appraisal analysis to find the most economically-minded suppliers.
- Inform the Regional General Manager and the user departments about the stock status of main/crucial materials daily and recommend the appropriate measures to take to prevent operational stoppages due to stock outs. Facilitate communication plans and decision-making.
- To prepare the Annual Operating Budget at the Regional Level for the Department and to control its expenditures.
- To prepare monthly and quarterly reports showing the various activities that were covered during the reporting period and submit them to the Regional Management and Head Office.
- To be responsible for the sale and disposal all obsolete and surplus stocks and assets. Authority has been granted.
- To serve as the secretary to the Regional Tender Committee, and to make a positive contribution to tendering activities.
- Form iv/vi
- A reputable university/ institution will award a bachelor’s degree/ advanced diploma (in procurement supply/logistics) or the equivalent
- A certified procurement supply professional (PSP), and a frill member (PSPTB) of the procurement and supplies professional and technical boards (PSPTB).
- Minimum five years of progressive, responsible experience in relevant fields. Two of these should be at the Senior Officer level.
- No less than 30 years old
Only those candidates who meet the requirements must apply to the following address. Please attach your detailed curriculum vitae , certified copies educational certificates, and names of three traceable reference.
The Human Resource Manager
Tanzania Zambia Railway Authority
Junction of Nelson Mandela and Julius Nyenere Road
Friday 22 April 2022 at 17:00 is the closing date for applications letters.
Only short-listed candidates are contacted.