Job Vacancy | Thursday, September 22, 2022
Reference Number: 220502
Position Level: NS 1
Department: Corporate Services Department
Division: Government Relations Unit
Location: Asian Development Bank Headquarters
Date Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2022
Closing Date: Thursday, October 6, 2022 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Government Relations Unit (CSIS-GR) under the Institutional Services Division (CSIS) within the Corporate Services Department (CSD).
CSD manages the building, office space facilities, and delivers over 70 diverse corporate services essential for ADB’s operation. It provides administrative support to ADB Management and staff and delivers quality products and services at an affordable cost. The office is headed by the Director General and supported by Division Directors who manage the respective business units.
CSIS-GR is responsible for implementing the privileges and immunities provided for ADB and ADB personnel under the Agreement Between the Asian Development Bank and the Government of the Republic of the Philippines.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Government Relations Officer is responsible for providing operational support in (i) enhancing effective relations between ADB and the Philippine government agencies/offices and diplomatic missions and related institutions; (ii) monitoring the latest status of the Philippine laws and regulations that relate to or may have a bearing on the implementation of the Privileges and Immunities (P&Is) of ADB and its personnel under the HQ Agreement; (iii) coordinating with the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) and other relevant government entities on P&Is, including for Presidential and VIP airport facilitation; and (iv) assisting user sections to secure permit and licenses from the government and local agencies/units for institutional needs. The incumbent will report to the designated International Staff and Senior National Staff.
- Coordinates with host government agencies/offices to facilitate implementation of privileges and immunities granted to ADB and its personnel in accordance with the HQ Agreement
- Reviews and verifies new legislation and government policies affecting ADB and its personnel’s immunities and privileges.
- Contributes in creating awareness of ADB in the government agencies/offices, diplomatic missions, embassies and consulates, and other related institutions.
- Monitors and assesses the political situation in the Philippines and constant changes in government functionaries.
- Provides support to Unit Head, CSIS-GR in liaising with the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) and other relevant agencies on privileges and immunities, including for Presidential and VIP airport facilitation.
- Ensures timely and smooth processing of ADB requests for airport facilitation and contributes to the enhancement of programs to streamline related work processes.
- Assists user sections to secure permit and licenses from the government and local agencies/units for institutional needs, such as building construction and renovation.
- Oversees coordination with in-house services of front-line government agencies such as PAG-IBIG, SSS, PhilHealth, and Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV).
- Provides support in implementing special projects aimed at strengthening partnerships with the government, including year-end appreciation events.
- Performs other duties assigned that may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Law, or related fields; preferably with advanced training
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience liaising with Philippine government agencies/offices, and in dealing with diplomatic entities
- Knowledge and understanding of the government procedures and privileges and immunities of diplomatic mission or international organization and its personnel under the concerned agreement between the host and government, would be an advantage.
- Excellent computer skills with thorough knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics software used in multilateral organizations.
- Good knowledge of standard IT platforms and familiarity with database management systems and other types of software/systems would be an advantage.
- Ability to handle constant volume of work in tight time constraint without loss of accuracy.
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English. Ability to develop rapport internally and externally in a multicultural environment.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for NS1.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.