What is Canvas?
Canvas is an online learning management system (LMS) that allows professors to provide students with instructional support, class calendars, assignments, and resources in a secure environment. Canvas is an important aspect in sharing blended classroom instruction in traditional face-to-face sessions. Katy ISD created all Canvas courses, which are all connected to the Katy ISD Curriculum, including the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS).
What is an Observer role in Canvas?
Observers get limited access to a course’s activities and an assignment calendar. Observers, like students, are unable to watch a course until it has been published and the course has begun. Please contact your child’s teacher for help with Assignments, Test Dates, Quizzes, or any Canvas course content.
Canvas kisd Login
The following below are the instructions for Canvas kisd Login
- visit Canvas kisd Login official website https://katyisd.instructure.com/login/ldap
- After page open enter the following below details
- Katy ISD ID
- Finally, click “Log in” button
- Canvas kisd LoginLogin link https://katyisd.instructure.com/login/ldap
What can Parents view in Canvas?
Below are the features available to parents. Please note that not all courses use all features
- Set your Notifications
- View the Dashboard
- View the course Syllabus
- View prompts but not participate in Discussions
- View but not submit Assignments
- Preview and download some Files
- View the Modules Page
- View Canvas Grades
- View the Calendar Communicate with the teacher
How will Parents access Canvas?
- The link to the Canvas login is located at http://katyisd instructure.com.
- Please remember to bookmark the Canvas login website for future quick and easy access.
- Your username and password are the same as your Home Access Center (HAC) account.
- For information on the HAC, visit tinyurl.com/KatyHAC
If you are experiencing trouble with your HAC login or password, please contact your home campus or the Technology Support Center at (281)237-4357. Parents should not use their student’s login credentials. There is an app in Google Play and the App Store for tablets and smartphones. Windows devices use the browser.
How can I learn more about being an Observer in Canvas?
Please scan the QR codes or visit the links below. Canvas App – http://tinyurl.com/Katy CanvasApp Parent Observer Role – http://tinyurl.com/katyparentcanvas