Joint United Nations Programme On HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) Internship 2022/2023
Deadline for Applications: 26 April 2022
The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS is a global leader and inspiration. It aims to end all AIDS-related deaths, discrimination, and new HIV infections.
UNAIDS brings together 11 UN agencies-UNICEF, UNDP and UNFPA, UNFPA and UNODC, UN Women. It also works closely with national and global partners to end the AIDS epidemic by 2030 in the Sustainable Development Goals. Learn more at unaids.org.
The main tasks and responsibilities of the position:
These details will be provided by the supervisor and are reflected in the terms of reference for the internship.
UNAIDS internships are for students who have completed at least three years of full time studies or have received an undergraduate, postgraduate, or graduate degree from a recognized educational institute.
Recent graduates will need to complete their internship within 12 months.
The minimum age for applicants is 20 years. They must also have an understanding of at least one language (Arabic or Chinese), as well as English, French, Russian, Spanish, and English.
The passport must be valid from a WHO/UNAIDS member state.
Terms and Conditions of Contract:
- Ability to work in teams, integrate and adapt easily with others, and work together in support of team goals.
- The ability to communicate ideas and thoughts clearly and convincingly in one-on-1 discussions or group presentations.
- The ability to apply their knowledge and skills effectively to the job and to continuously learn and improve performance.
- The ability to take initiative, be enthusiastic about their work, organize and manage time effectively, and produce high-quality results that meet agreed objectives.
- The ability to invent and improve work while still maintaining a strong service orientation.
- The ability to assume responsibility for assigned responsibilities, be productive, meet commitments, and responsibly use resources.
MODE OFFICIAL APPLICATION:
Internships are limited to eight weeks or less. Maximum duration is six months. UNAIDS may offer a stipend.
Official travel may be necessary during the internship. The insurance policy covers general medical, accident and emergency illnesses.
Personnel with immediate family members who are employed by UNAIDS Secretariat (e.g. Internships are not available to children, brothers/sisters or mothers/fathers.
UNAIDS may offer internships to candidates who have never participated in the UNAIDS internship program.